Propane is an effective way to get affordable heating in your home or business. Propane-powered appliances not only tend to work better than electric appliances, but they are also more cost-efficient. If you’ve made the decision to switch from an electric installation to a propane installation in your home, congratulations! You’ve already taken the first step to a more affordable way of living.
Propane doesn’t work like electricity. You don’t flick a switch to turn it on, you need to keep a propane tank to power your appliances. Fill your tank with propane, as needed. The size of your propane tank will determine the most effective way to get it filled.
Propane Tank Sizes
Propane tanks come in many sizes to satisfy the needs of consumers on the residential and commercial markets.
- 16-ounce Tank: Portable tanks are approximately 1lb. They are perfect to take on a camping trip.
- 20 to 40-pound Tank: Who likes grilling? These tanks are perfect for outdoor barbecue grills, and can also be used to power large camping appliances and are best friends with RVs. They can hold up to 10 gallons.
- 57-gallon Tank: Perfect for a homeowner who wants to use propane to cook and dry clothes. This tank holds 46 gallons of propane.
- 120-gallon Tank: If you want to use propane to power your water or space heaters, this is the one for you. It holds 96 gallons of propane.
Residential and Commercial Tanks
- 500-gallon Tank: For homes or businesses that require central heating, there is nothing better than a 500-gallon propane tank. It holds 400 gallons.
- 1000-gallon Tank: A propane tank this big, which holds 800 gallons of propane, is ideal to satisfy commercial and industrial gas needs.
Filling a Propane Tank in Texas
Small, portable tanks can be easily taken to a propane refill station in your area; although it might be more convenient to simply buy a new one from a hardware or a grocery store. But since the larger – and much heavier – units are not as easy to lug around or replace, home and business owners need an affordable an easy way to fill up their tanks, particularly over the upcoming winter months.
At Northwest Propane, we not only deliver propane in Texas, we deliver service. We offer same-day delivery on local orders placed before noon. We are committed to serving Texas residents with the same outstanding customer care that we have since 1946. Call us today at 972-247-6121 to learn more about our pricing, rebates & incentives, packages and products.