Summer Safety Tips
In Texas, the summer season brings with it the chance to spend as much time outdoors with friends and family. The possibilities for entertaining are endless! Whether it is hosting an outdoor barbecue for the Fourth of July or simply spending an evening outdoors. When grilling outdoors, it is important to remember crucial safety tips to ensure a fun experience for all. With Northwest Propane on your side, safety will be the top priority.
Whenever you are grilling outdoors, there are several things to keep in mind. Do the following:
- Make sure your propane tank is kept outdoors with open air surrounding it.
- Never keep your propane tank indoors or in a closed or confined space. Always keep it in an upright position.
- Be sure that your propane tank is not positioned too closely to the exterior of your home.
- Keep it away from any bushes or shrubbery that are in your landscape.
- A quick spot check of the tank itself is crucial before you begin grilling.
- Never use a tank with any physical abnormalities or deficiencies.
- If you notice any abnormalities in your propane tank, do not attempt to make any alterations yourself.
Our residential propane experts can ensure that your propane tank is operating efficiently, so it can serve you all summer long.
When it comes to your propane, it is also important to remember that you should never keep your propane tank in an enclosed space, or anywhere it is exposed to extremely high temperatures. Also, remember never to smoke or use lighters near your propane tank, as this proves a very dangerous fire hazard. Whenever you are in need of propane service, rely on the experts at our Dallas propane company Northwest Propane. For more information, give us a call at 800-274-6121 or contact us online today.