Propane Vehicle Conversion for State, Municipalities & Government
Why Run Your Fleet Vehicles on Propane Autogas Instead of Gasoline or Diesel?
- Cost Savings – Vehicles using Propane Autogas typically save 30-50% per gallon, compared to gasoline or diesel.
- Clean Burning – Propane Autogas creates 60-70% less smog-producing hydrocarbons than gasoline. Autogas vehicles also produce 20% less carbon monoxide, about 40% less nitrogen oxides, and 12% less carbon dioxide compared to gasoline.
- Less Maintenance – Propane Autogas has a higher octane rating than gasoline, meaning it burns cleaner. Propane-Autogas-powered vehicles experience extended engine life, extended oil life with less frequent need of oil and filter changes, and can double the useful life of spark plugs.
- Safety – Propane Autogas is a safe alternative fuel that is nontoxic, noncorrosive and insoluble in water. Fueling with Propane Autogas is as safe and simple as filling up with gasoline or diesel.
- Refueling Infrastructure – Propane Autogas refueling stations cost significantly less than other alternative fuels and are easy to move or expand as your fleets need change.
- Availability – There are over 193 (and growing) propane Autogas stations available for refueling in Texas.
- Texas Produced – 86% of propane production comes from natural gas processing with over 50% of all U.S.-consumed propane originating in Texas
When you include the state and federal rebates available for propane-powered vehicles and propane motor fuel use, it becomes clear that propane is the preferred alternative fuel choice for your fleet.
Reasons to Work with Northwest Propane
Northwest Propane has converted more vehicles to propane than all other companies in Texas combined. Our experience working with state and municipal fleets and our scope of operation allow us to provide propane vehicle conversion, repair, and refueling system installation and maintenance across Texas and the surrounding states. Some of Northwest Propane’s accolades working with city and government fleets include…
- Commended vendor by the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
- Noted by the State of Texas for exceptional customer service for work with the Texas Department of Transportation
- Award-winning DFW Clean Cities Coalition partner and member
- Recognized by the Texas Propane Gas Association and National Propane Gas Association for leadership and innovation in propane autogas fleet programs
State, Municipal & Government Fleet Incentives & Grants
There are numerous programs to help pay for OEM propane-powered vehicles, aftermarket propane conversion systems, and the propane refueling infrastructure to support your fleet’s transportation needs. Northwest Propane has the experience and expertise to help you navigate through all the funding options to customize a complete propane fleet program for your business.
Interested in learning more about converting your city or state fleet to clean-burning propane? Ask us about a free fleet analysis, and also how you can start saving immediately with your fuel purchases; we’ll be happy to tell you more. Contact us directly, or to research some of the incentive programs on your own follow the links below: