Propane Vehicle Conversion & Refueling for School Districts in North Texas
Is your school district considering an alternative fuel solution to power your fleet of buses? Diesel engine exhaust is identified as a carcinogen by both the Environmental Protection Agency and the World Health Organization. Switching your fleet over to Propane Autogas is the smart choice to significantly improve your fleet’s emissions, save operating and fuel purchase costs vs. gasoline and diesel, and project the environmentally responsible image you want to communicate to the students and parents you serve.
Operating Propane Autogas Powered Buses Is a Win for Your District
- Propane produces 40% less smog-creating hydrocarbons than gasoline and 80% less than older model diesel buses.
- Propane Autogas improves engine oil life and increases intervals between maintenance.
- Using propane reduces fuel costs per gallon and operating expenses per mile.
- Propane has an inexpensive refueling infrastructure with low maintenance and zero negative environmental impact potential.
- Propane Autogas is safer to operate than gasoline or diesel with 20 times more puncture-resistant tanks and a higher flash point, which makes it more difficult to ignite.
- Propane is domestically produced, with 86% coming from natural gas processing and over 50% of U.S. propane production coming from Texas.
- Propane Autogas is 50% quieter than diesel-powered buses.
- Propane produces zero black smoke exhaust.
Northwest Propane provides Propane Autogas bulk storage and refueling installation services to school districts across the entire state of Texas. School districts prefer working with Northwest due to our experience with both OEM and aftermarket propane autogas bus conversions, along with our propane system support and maintenance capabilities.
Choose Northwest Propane for Your School District Fleet
Northwest has a performance-proven history converting buses and installing propane refueling systems for multiple school districts across Texas since 1992. Whether you just received your first propane-powered bus or operate a fleet of 500+, Northwest is capable of servicing your district’s needs. We offer creative programs specifically created for ISDs to minimize fuel pricing while maximizing all available local, state, and federal grant funding opportunities. Some of these incentives include…
- Alternative Fuel Initiatives School Bus Rebate Program
- DERA 2015 School Bus Replacement
- Alternative Fuels Clean School Bus Replacement Programs
Want more information or have questions? For a free fleet analysis and a list of our school district references, please call or email Northwest Propane:
- Dallas Headquarters: 972-247-6121 (DFW Metroplex)
- Toll Free: 800-274-6121
For more information about propane school bus conversions and propane school bus refueling, and to get a free fleet conversion analysis, contact us at Northwest Propane at 972-247-6121.