Propane is a commercial engine fuel that has been powering more than four million commercial transport vehicles for over 80 years. It is the third most widely used vehicle fuel next to diesel and gasoline fuel. Considered as a green fuel choice, propane is clean, safe, cost-effective, and reliable.
Propane: A Cleaner Fuel
Also known as LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas), propane is a three-carbon alkane gas. It is a byproduct of petroleum refining and natural gas processing and is stored under moderate pressure, which keeps it in its liquid state. Considered as a greener alternative to refined fuels and other petroleum products, propane is a clean and environment-friendly fuel.
The specific features of propane fuel include:
- Propane produces emissions that surpass the required evaluations for cleaner fuel vehicles and exceed the expectations for all eco-friendly aspects.
- It decreases smog-producing exhaust by approximately 70%.
- Propane is high in octane rating and comes with excellent properties for spark-ignited combustion engines.
- Its properties are nontoxic and present no threat to groundwater, surface water, soil, plants, animals, or even humans.
- Since it is a clean-burning and low carbon fuel, it produces less greenhouse gas, oxides of nitrogen, carbon monoxide, and hydrocarbon emissions.
- It is high in energy density, allowing propane-powered vehicles go farther with just one tank of propane fuel.
- Propane is also considered as an exceptionally safe fuel. A propane tank is 20 times more resistant to punctures than the gasoline tanks and has the lowest flammability level than all other fuels.
With all the features offered by using propane fuel, it is only practical to run your vehicle on propane. With the help of the Northwest Propane Gas Company, you can start enjoying the clean and environmentally friendly benefits of propane fuel.
We are an authorized repair center and distributor of propane fuel. We offer excellent commercial fleet services, which include engine conversions and fueling stations. To learn more about your options on how to make your vehicle more energy- and fuel-efficient, call us now at 800-274-6121.